Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Ideas and...

So, I decided I would put all of Powerpoint handout stuff into my website to make it a little more interactive and interesting than just downloading a Word doc. I couldn't quite figure out how to dump a Word doc into drupal and in looking around on the messageboard I discovered I was 2 versions behind anyhow. Isn't that the way of the world? Anyhow, I upgraded to the latest version, and wow, is it a BILLION times better. My only complaint so far, is that I am having problems getting the Zen template (based upon CSS Garden!) to work. So, I am stuck with a modded template that belongs to someone else. Oh well. The second reason I decided to work on my website/drupal installation is that my original idea was to use it to build my e-portfolio, but I hadn't really done much with it.

I received some inspiration this afternoon (Weds, 3/19/2008) at an Emerging Educational Technologies workshop taught by David Noah from the Center for Teaching & Learning. His presentations/workshops are always interesting. Although they are based strongly in educational theory, he is a creative and forward thinking person. So, the discussions are always food for thought! He also talked some about e-portfolios (in addition to all of the Web2.0 stuff, second life, etc.), which made me think: where I am with my e-portfolio?

No comments: