Search This Blog

Thursday, October 23, 2008

Media as public square

The second annual Peabody-Smithgall Lecture will feature UGA grad Pat Mitchell, a former PBS president and the current CEO and president of the Paley Center for Media in New York. She'll speak on the topic "Media As Public Square."

..very interesting!

stream o' conscious thoughts while they are fresh> media responsibility, media influence, digital divide vs. digital democracy, we are the media, google me/google u, digital identity (who controls? I'm working on mine!), accountability/lack of accountability, authenticity, truthiness ;-) digital natives vs. digital immigrants (if GenXers are considered the bridge generation, then which side are we on? I don't feel like an immigrant -- I've been surrounded by technology my whole life.) multitasking. community. social networking. boundless. borderless. collaborative.



No comments: