Search This Blog

Monday, August 17, 2009

Twitter verified accounts

I dunno, do I need this? I kind of feel like we all need to stake our digital identities firmly NOW, because the 'net is only going to be a more crowded space.

From twitter:

What does it mean?

With this feature, you can easily see which accounts we know are 'real' and authentic. That means we've been in contact with the person or entity the account is representing and verified that it is approved. (This does not mean we have verified who, exactly, is writing the tweets.)


-----
then it goes on to say that it is just for famous (paraphrasing) people or those who have had identity issues. Hmmm.... I think I'll write them anyhow. I have my namesake domain plus a claimid, both of which include a link to my twitter account. It would seem like if you use openid for twitter, it could link all of those together and automatically verify... just saying...
http://twitter.com/help/verified

No comments: