Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Question of the day: My "hand" tool is stuck in Fireworks, Photoshop, etc.?

So, I had the dreaded stuck "hand" tool in MXFireworks 2004 (yeah, I know, way behind, I work for the govt....) where I absolutely could do nothing except move around using the hand tool.
After much googling, here are the responses I came up with (and I now share in hopes of helping somebody else) :

The first three are duhs, which didn't work for me ;-)

Turn off conflicting software/clear memory
  • Restart the software (Fireworks, Photoshop, etc.).
  • Restart your computer
  • Turn off any Macro products you might be running
Reset your preferences -- Ah -ha!
  • Edit>Preferences>Reset all warning dialogs (Photoshop)
  • Edit>Preferences (Fireworks; save -- I didn't reset my preferences, just re-saved the existing ones and it worked)
  • Commands>Reset Warning Dialogs (Fireworks)

No comments: