In facebook, there is a great application called selective twitter status, which gives you control over which of your tweets go to facebook. Once you add selective twitter to your facebook account and link your twitter and facebook accounts together, all you do is tweet (post) to twitter but add #fb at the end. Selective twitter will then ONLY send those tweets with #fb to facebook.
It works great, but... if you've been using Twitter application in Facebook (or any of the other twitter applications in Facebook that post to your status), you will need to remove those first.
To disconnect the Twitter application in Facebook (this is for the official Twitter application, but should work similarly for other twitter/fb apps)
- In Facebook, Under Settings (top menu) > Application settings
- On the Twitter application link, click the X to remove twitter.
- Do you want to remove ? Click Yes.
- You will get a popup box telling you Twitter has been removed.
- All done!
Setup selective tweeting to Facebook
- Search in Facebook for Selective Twitter Status
- Click on View Application (or the link for Selective Twitter Status)
- Click on Go to Application
- Enter your twitter user name, In the box with the Header, the one and only step
- Click on Save
- Click on Allow (so that facebook and twitter can make the connection)
- Click on Allow publishing (so that twitter can post to facebook)
- Go to twitter and tweet (post) away, adding #fb to the end of the posts you want to send to facebook as status updates