Search This Blog

Sunday, August 26, 2012

How to fix Instagram not posting to Facebook Timeline



Instagramers: Your photos may not be posting to timeline OR your news feed but will just go into an instagram folder at Facebook. IG is aware of the problem but seems more focused on the News Feed portion. My IG pix stopped posting 2 days ago and do not post to either the news feed or the timeline.

Here's the dets from IG: http://help.instagram.com/customer/portal/articles/493007-facebook-news-feed-share-not-working




I discovered that you can manually force instagram to post to your Facebook Timeline.


Click Activity Log:



Scroll to find your Instagram photos which did not post to your timeline.
Next to the icon as to who sees them is a circle, click on the circle. Change Allowed on Timeline to Shown on Timeline.You will need to do this for each item that is missing from your timeline.


Another way to see just your instagram photos:
http://www.facebook.com/yourusername/app_instapp
You will still need to choose shown on timeline.

8 comments:

Cookies and Scream said...

Thank you!!!!

Unknown said...

i just did a little test. My instagram was not posting to anything facebook related. So I thought about it, realized i had been logged into instagram on the web too. So I logged out, did a test pic and it worked!!

Unknown said...

Instasave HD is everything you want IG to be. Save to roll and share to Facebook,Twitter, Pinterest, IG, messages and
email.Instasave HD made to work as a native iOS application with intuitive user experience and a focus on the most wanted
features and easy to use design.instagra

Unknown said...

Hi! Someone shared this website with me so I came to look it over. I'm definitely enjoying the information. I'm book-marking and will be tweeting this to my followers!
Wonderful blog and amazing design.
free instagram likes and followers

Unknown said...

It’s also an impressive growth rate when compared to Instagram’s closest competitor, Twitter. The microblogging service hit the 200 million user mark at the end of last year, though that’s over a six-year time span. Instagram has managed to gain ground at a much faster rate. instagram likes on facebook

David Savage said...

It don't matter what I try, nothing I post on Instagram is auto posting to my facebook timeline. I need some real help with this. The link is made to facebook, so then when it comes to uploading an images, I tick the link for my facebook and upload. Then I still get nothing on my facebook timeline or on my fb profile that I have uploaded anything to Instagram. What the hell is going on?

Robin said...

@david savage - you may need to be logged in to instagram via the web but also you need to make sure the instagram app has been installed at facebook. Did you set the facebook app and give it permission to post?
You may also have some global permissions in your settings which are overriding the app. http://www.facebook.com/appcenter/instapp

Unknown said...

Amazing information in this blog here that is truly glancing over the every aspects of topic.
advise