Search This Blog

Monday, July 28, 2008

new search engine cuil

So, some folks formerly of google have launched their own search engine, called, cuil. Looks coool, but then half of what I searched didn't even turn up 1 hit. nada. zip. (including me!)

Preferences are kind of light -- typing suggestions and safe search. I didn't see any advanced searching features.

Overall display looks pretty cool though, and I like the focus on contextual information. Rss4Lib's screenshots show search results displayed in categories, but I didn't see that. Perhaps, it was because I didn't search for a phrase using "".

The site also went down shortly after I started playing with it.

Anyhow, you can read more about at TechCrunch's Do not mistype cuil , RSS4Lib's New Google Wannabee: Culi, and Mashable's Cuil, the Dark Mysterious Google, and yet another post from TechCrunch, Google Beats Cuil Hands Down In Size And Relevance, But That Isn’t The Whole Story

No comments: