Seeking regular contributors:
Do you have a story to tell?
Come and share it at Library Worklife!
Library Worklife: HR E-News for Today's Leaders is looking for aspiring and experienced writers - library employees and graduate students who have stories to tell about their careers, jobs, research, and pathways to success. Library Worklife is a monthly, electronic newsletter published by the American Library Association-Allied Professional Association (ALA-APA). Stories can be about:
* You or a great project that you want to share with colleagues - Spotlight
* Advice, testimonials, opportunities and research about advancing your career – Career Advancement
* Why it is important to participate in professional development and continuing education, including state and national certification programs - Certification
* Legal issues facing or concerning library personnel - Human Resources Law
* How to manage library staffing issues, such as training, budgeting, performance appraisals, hiring, outsourcing, and motivation - Human Resources Practice
* What you, your library or your state has done to address pay inequities - Salaries and Pay Equity and Statistics
* How do we attract people to the profession? - Recruitment
* Profiles, standards, innovative approaches, conferences or topics of concern for support staff - Support Staff
* How you manage the two (or more) roles you play on a daily basis - Work/life Balance
Write about your ideas or use some of ours on almost any other topic related to working in libraries.
Submission should range from 200 – 1200 words, although longer articles can be accepted by arrangement. They can be in almost any style from serious academic research to humorous work-life articles. Further details can be found at the Library Worklife web page, http://www.ala-apa.org/newsletter/newsletter.html or by emailing the editor, Jenifer Grady at email@example.com.
And the best news is… If you commit to writing three (3), count ‘em THREE, articles in one year, you get a free subscription to Library Worklife, a $35 value (for ALA Regular members.)
So come and share your story, at Library Worklife.