I'm gearing up to go to a conference and I'm not a naturally a face to face networky person (I know some of you will not believe that, but it's because of years of being a fragrance spritzer girl during college I CAN fake the E... LOL). So, this article could not have come at a better time.
I'm summarizing here, but please go read the full post. It's definitely worth the read. My comments are in teal.
- Set some goals for yourself. I do this alot. Okay, 1) I make myself go to the event and 2) I make myself talk to SOMEBODY. ;-)
- Arrive with something to share. This is a really good idea and I'm considering how I can use this.
- Know who you want to talk to.
- Ask people to introduce you. Okay, I can (and do) do that.
- Leave your comfort circle. AAck! Too easy to stay where we are comfortable, no?
- Don't pitch, listen.
- Check in once you're home. Okay, I can (and do) do that.