Search This Blog

Monday, September 6, 2010

on creativity, inspiration, & consumption of well... everything

Very interesting article about the connection between creativity and inspiration, and the impact of the influence of others.

"When we over-saturate ourselves in other people's work it short-changes our own creative development."

I have often felt this way, although I realize that developing or creating in a vacuum isn't necessarily a good thing, either. However, having the space for "deep thought" (which is in itself a creative process), is important to tapping into originality. Even then, my work is heavily influenced by others, but if I can take those inspirations and twist them into my own unique vision, then I feel I have succeeded. After all, there are no new ideas. Or are there?

http://www.viget.com/inspire/consumption-how-inspiration-killed-then-ate-creativity/

No comments: