Search This Blog

Saturday, May 21, 2011

Today at a glance - various ramblings about nook, sandboxes, and tweeting

Meetings meetings meetings..
  • Discussion and ideas for wordpress for the libs blog (already use it; looking to expand it). I'm working on my own domain at the moment. I'm so glad that I have my own webspace, it makes design, templating and well... experimenting much easier. Unfortunately, we don't really have much in the way of a sandbox ; it's just a subdomain of the overall website. So, things don't work like they should in real time, esp. with opensource software. Plus, loading files can sometimes be a real pain in the a$$, because site security is so strong (which is good/bad).
  • Rover/assistant for Amy's 10Weeks session on tweeting. I think I will just sit in the back of the class and tweet. LOL I forgot my netbook/tablet, so thank goodness for the QWERTY phone. Hmm... wonder if I can tweet via nook color?
  • Gadget group meeting afterwards - I'm supposed to talk about the nook color I've been playing with. Pros - it's beautiful and smaller than ipad (I like that - more portable); supports flash & some android apps (not all); Cons - need wifi to set it up (for real? I couldn't seem to do it just via the usb cable) and CREDIT CARD needed for even free stuff at Nook store. Finally, the nook niche space of the B&N site is a mess. If there is an image of an app, you should be able to click on it and go to the page within the app store.... but noooo.... lots of PR-y shiny, not lots of functionality. Bad UX B&N!)

No comments: