Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Goal for 2012: semantic web, rdf, linkeddata, & rda

Okay, so here is one of my goals I am pitching for next year:


Become well versed in the fundamentals of RDA, focusing specifically on the changes between AACR2 and RDA, so that I can serve as a resource person for [my Unit]; additionally learn more about “future” data carriers: RDFa and other Semantic Web schemas and how they connect with FRBR, linkeddata and nexgen library softwares such as cloud based portals.

---------------------
btw, I do realize that these things are already here (& I know a bit about them already) but I felt I needed to put something in writing; ditto for the RDA. I certainly have a handle on the conceptual parts of RDA and the major differences (abbreviations, new fields, terminology changes, the pub date thing, no truncation, etc.), but until it all shakes out, it's hard to say as to whether my info will be relevant or just outdated. ;-)

What do you think?

No comments: