- You are responsible for hiring a new employee. A friend has asked you to hire them. How would you handle this situation?
- Please explain your supervisory and management experience including review of work, training and hiring. What is your management and training style? Have you ever fired or dismissed someone? What circumstances led to that situation?
- How do communicate with your staff? Give examples.
- Someone from outside the department tells you that they have seen your employee talking on their cell phone when they are supposed to be working. How would you handle this situation?
- How well do you work independently? How do you determine when you need to ask for guidance?
- A coworker asks you to do a task. After you agree, you discover that it conflicts with a policy. How would you handle this situation?
- The fire alarm goes off and no other supervisors are present. What would you do?
- Your new employee seems to be struggling to learn the basics of the job. How would you get this employee on track? What if your efforts were not successful?
Wednesday, September 5, 2012
Interview scenario questions
Here are a few sample interview questions (these are not the exact questions I use, by the way)