Updated User Agreement
We are updating our User Agreement to make LinkedIn available to students 13 years and older, depending on country. Smart, ambitious students are already thinking about their futures when they step foot into high school – where they want to go to college, what they want to study, where they want to live and work. We want to encourage these students to leverage the insights and connections of the millions of successful professionals on LinkedIn, so they can make the most informed decisions and start their careers off right.
With our launch today of University Pages on LinkedIn, we are providing a new way for schools, students, and alumni to connect, communicate, and explore unique insights about the full range of career possibilities – wherever your educational starting point may be.
As we make LinkedIn available to pre-university students, we are taking steps to safeguard the experience of LinkedIn members under the age of 18, so we are implementing the following measures:
- LinkedIn members who are minors will have different default settings to limit publicly viewable profile information and unwanted communications
- Special routing for Customer Support tickets initiated by members under 18
- We have added a link to our Safety Center and Family Center so that all members can easily find and access information on how to safely use LinkedIn
- 14 years old: United States, Canada, Germany, Spain, Australia and South Korea
- 16 years old: Netherlands
- 18 years old: China
- 13 years old: All other countries