Search This Blog

Thursday, September 9, 2004

Assignment 5: Reaction: Learning Theory Group Project

I would like to comment more on Gagne's Conditions of Learning. Although it seems too complex to summarize based upon the brief group presentation, I do find Gagne's conditions of learning interesting as it seems very much the training style that my department uses to teach new employees the skills needed to do their work.



Although our training style encompasses many theories (constructivist, for one), we do lean heavily on the structure inherent in the conditions of learning. I think that is partially because we train alot of people and by nature, the work that we do in Cataloging/Database Maintenance is very structured.



I also found the behaviorist presentation very interesting, esp. the "burst" component (i.e., before a negative behavior resolves itself there will be a flurry of that activity)





No comments: