Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

spam, spam, spam @ google groups

So, I'm the admin for like 5 different google groups. I've set the groups to moderation for new members and membership has to be approved. Still, still, we are getting hit with spam. Finally, as a desperate last measure, I've closed the list down for reading, unless you are logged in. I kind of wanted to keep the list open for reading, but oh well...

I discovered that google groups is being hit with spam and there has even been some chatter on the 'net that google is slowly dumping google groups. I don't know that to be true, but there's the 'net gossip and the Jquery list dumped google groups back in October.
http://www.webmonkey.com/blog/Google_Groups_Fail:_JQuery_Dumps_Google_Over_Spam__Interface_Problems

No comments: