Search This Blog

Thursday, November 15, 2012

One world, one blog - merging identities, merging blogs

robinart 2006ish
So, I had a personal/art blog over at my domain (robinart.com) from 2004-2007 (prior to that, it was just a very simple site). This blog was an early experiment in using a CMS (Content Management System); originally, a photoblog (more about  the software & history here); later, a place to talk about software, my projects, and life in general. It was a good run, but I'm not really blogging in that way anymore  (mostly due to Facebook and other social media outlets). So, on that note, I'm going to merge all of my blogs here together. ALL of my blogs - that means (old) book reviews, health ramblings, technology, art, blogging, and more.

Yes, changes are afoot in more ways, than one. I need to simplify my virtual life a little. I will keep my domains for now although I will begin to mirror them - robinfay and robinart will be mirrors. I haven't quite decided what to do with my scattered social media - flickr, twitter, linkedin, etc. but those are on the list to tackle too. My newly designed sites will be aggregates of my content. Actually, I have been thinking about doing this for a while, but finding the time and motivation... well...  

So, that is the scoop. You probably won't notice any difference unless you go back through the history or search for particular topics. What you will see is a lot more art. So, for the 8 readers I have (ok, there are more of you than that... lol)


No comments: